Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Resolutions/Reflection

The holidays are here and gone before we know it. It’s a time of chaos. Traveling, cooking, shopping and visiting friends and family. The holidays are always a special time of the year that we all look forward to. New Years marks the end of the holiday season, and the beginning of a new year. I got to thinking; How often do we sit and reflect on our successes in the previous year?

Gyms get packed, nutrition/diet plans are prepared, and  new years resolutions are abuzz. It’s healthy to want to make a positive change and grow as individuals, but we must balance our hefty ambitions for a better us by reflecting on the positive growth experienced in the last year.


My challenge to you:
  • Take 30 minutes and reflect on the positive personal growth you’ve had in the last year 
  • Write it down so you have something positive keep you upbeat and motivated 
  • Make a list of your new years resolutions- make sure they are obtainable and relevant
  • Share your list with someone you trust so they can hold you accountable 
  • Refer back to your list every month to measure different benchmarks

These are just a few of tips I’ve learned throughout the years. I hope you will find them useful.

Here is my list from 2013:
  • I’ve grown as a person and learned how to live a fulfilling life being single, being happy and self-supportive
  • I started a new life-long nutrition plan: Paleo. I’ve cleansed my body of gluten, wheat, dairy, energy drinks and sugar
  • Followed a strict gym schedule, incorporated yoga, weightlifting and cardio
  • Stopped taking prescription medication for my ADD by using alternative supplements/nutrition 
  • Professionally I’ve grown by becoming more open-minded, listen more than I talk and become more accountable 
  • Re-ignited my relationship with God, found a new church that I can relate to 
  • Formed relationships with new friends and colleagues
  • Realized that there are some things in this world you have no control over- stopped trying to control certain pieces of my life-lead to living more stress-free life where I’m happy on a day to day basis


2014 New Years Resolutions:
  • Become active in volunteering
  • Take a vacation free from work and distractions 
  • Continue to live a healthy lifestyle 
  • Get my 3rd degree black belt 
  • Better myself as a business leader 
  • Find more ways to live a healthy work/life balance


I wish all my friends and family a healthy and prosperous New Year, may many great things happen in 2014.


Cheers, 

Royer

No comments:

Post a Comment